Woah. Where do I even start? Accepting the awards that have been gathering dust on the shelf at the back of my blog (the one my owl lives on) would be a good start! The super fantastic Rob from The V-pub and the fascinating and beautiful Alexandra from Post Curfew Bewonderments nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award. Can I get a whoop whoop? No? Whatever.
Rob’s blog has long been a favourite of mine and if you are not a regular reader, you should be! He is funny, charming, friendly and is paying me handsomely for all this praise (I jest). He is also the first person I have ever guest blogged for! (Tune in tomorrow!)
Alexandra has a fascinating blog. She is funny, intelligent and charming and her own awards posts here and here are so entertaining that you need to go read them now while I wait here and twiddle my thumbs.
Oh, you’re back. Wonderful. Let’s continue, shall we?
So I was discussing the Versatile Blogger Award, which is a very pretty award:
Look at it, all snazzy…
So as part of the process I must:
-Thank the person who nominated me and include a link to their blog
-Display the award on my blog
-Write seven facts about myself
-Nominate fifteen people for the award
Okay, well I’ve done the first two. Hashtag winning.
So here are seven random facts about me that I’ve probably shared a dozen times already but if any of you are stalking me I’m giving you so much material and wow this sentence has no punctuation:
1. I buy myself a bouquet of flowers every two weeks to cheer myself up and also because I’m a total charmer and I love myself.
2. Despite my very chilled exterior, I am actually a very anxious person. I worry about everything and it has caused me numerous health problems.
3. I am a bit of a neat freak and my friends used to call me “Monica” because of my tendency to clean, well, all the time.
4. I love singing and dancing when I’m alone. When Jack goes to work I throw on Beyonce and own it like I’m at the Grammys.
5. I get very huggy when I’m drunk.
6. I really enjoy playing the PlayStation and Red Dead Redemtion is my favourite game ever.
7. I have completely run out of facts so here’s a pineapple:
Here are my nominees:
(I hope no one will be offended if I don’t choose 15, because I would actually be writing this post for weeks)
Apricots and Cream
Living With Benji
And now onto my second award, woohoo! Alexandra also nominated me for a Liebster Award which is so sweet and I have all the feels.
Here are the rules for accepting the Liebster Award:
-Thank the blogger who nominated you and display the award on your page
-Nominate ten other bloggers for the award
-Answer the ten questions asked by the person who nominated you
-Ask your nominees ten questions
So firstly, thank you Alexandra from Post Curfew Bewonderments for this lovely award:
Here are the ten questions Alexandra asked me and my answers:
1) When you listen to music, do you focus on the melody or the lyrics?
I tend to focus more on the lyrics because I adore poetry and I love a song that I can really relate to lyrically.
2) Do you eat a kiwi by peeling off the skin and slicing it into pieces OR by cutting it in half and eating it with a spoon?
I cut it in half and eat it wih a spoon! Om nom nom.
3) What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid?
Without a doubt, The Simpsons. I was obsessed. I still am, but only with seasons 1-10.
4) Do you still keep in touch with your first friend?
Yes 🙂 She actually surprised me for my birthday by calling to my come from hundreds of miles away. She is a very sweet and considerate person.
5) What is your ethnic background?
Irish. Although my father’s name is Norse and my mother’s is Anglo-Norman but that’s going back over 1,000 years so…Irish.
6) Things you look forward to?
I love snuggling on the sofa with my fiancé and eating a good meal. I also love the build up before I see my best friends because I live quite far away from them.
7) Which 3 cities you would always recommend to visit?
London, Barcelona and Prague. I loved them all.
8) Who do you think you were in your past life?
I would say Katherine Hepburn but that makes no sense. I just love her. So maybe I’ll say an Egyptian queen because I love cats and gold.
9) Do you think almond milk is still milk and turkey bacon is still bacon?
*Shudders* I had to give up dairy for a week and almond milk will never, EVER be a substitute for an ice-cold glass of cow’s milk. Turkey bacon is okay but bacon bacon brings me inner peace.
10) At which circumstances did you last say “Man, it’s great to be alive”?
Saturday night when I was dancing with one of my best friends to Bruno Mars wearing my favourite dress and for once, not worrying about anything 🙂
What great questions!
I will now nominate some bloggers to partake in this, although there is no obligation to accept!
Apricots and Cream
Okay guys, here are my ten questions should you choose to accept this award:
1. If you could get rid of one word from the English language, what would it be and why?
2. Are you good at keeping secrets?
3. Do you think your favourite food reveals much about your personality?
4. Would you prefer to visit the theatre or a museum?
5. What is the best holiday you have ever been on?
6. What is your favourite time of day?
7. Do you have a hidden talent?
8. Do you have to sleep at a certain side of the bed?
9. Do you think it is more important to be liked or respected?
10. What is the most important attribute that you seek in a friend?
Okay guys, that’s me finally done! I have a lot of posts to get through over the coming weeks (yaaaaay) so expect a barrage of blogs on your reader from me 🙂