It’s been a while since I’ve done an awards post so I said “hey Jane, why not have some pie and do an awards post?” Great idea, Jane.
Aisha over at The Hashtag Generation has nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger award and now I’m all fuzzy and warm. She is a great blogger, and I urge you to read this post just to get to know her a little better. Her blog is both intelligent and
funny and you have to visit because I said so and I’m using my teacher voice. Thanks Aisha!
Here are the rules for accepting the award:
1.Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
2.List the rules and display the award.
3.Share seven facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5.Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Here are seven facts about moi:
(I’ve done this a lot so I’ll try to do something new here)
1. My parents split up a few years ago. I have one brother, he lectures law, and a sister. She’s got two adorable kids and one on the way.
I’m the youngest, which means I’m automatically the coolest.
2. I have a Master’s Degree in International Relation yet I choose to blog about owls.
3. I am distantly related to a former Taoiseach (prime minister) of Ireland. He came to my house when I was seventeen and I posed for moody, indifferent teenage pictures with him. You know, because it’s not a big deal to meet someone who negotiated deals with Margaret Thatcher.
4. About a year ago, I was in a car accident where my car was basically crushed to a cube and I managed to escape virtually unscathed. Self-five.
5. I can speak basic Irish ach tá mé uafásach toisc nach raibh mé ag éisteacht nuair a bhí mé ar scoil.
6. I love to sing. I didn’t say I can sing but I llllooooovvvve to ssssiiiiiing <—-I just sang that.
7. I am a total space and cosmology nerd. If you are Chris Hadfield and you are reading this, call me.
Now comes the incredibly hard part. I'm supposed to pick fifteen bloggers who have inspired me but the truth is, I could pick hundreds. I also get a little stressed because I always forget someone. I’m just going to compile a list of bloggers who have inspired me in my almost year long journey in some way or another. You are under no obligation to carry this on, just know that I appreciate you and everything you do.
If I do forget someone, just know that I left the hand break up on my car today soooo….
Here are my nominations:
So, now that my pie is long gone and for some reason, I have tennis elbow, I’m going to stop.
I just want to say a big thank you to all of the bloggers I have nominated and to Aisha for the nomination. My blog is nearly a year old, and I’m very happy that on a hot July day in 2013 I decided to start a blog as an outlet for my weirdness.