Today was just not a good day. I don’t wanna come on here and bitch and moan because there’s worse problems in the world but maaaan today can just go suck *aggressive expletives*
Receiving this award has really cheered me up. And what’s better than one award? A million dollars…or failing that, two awards. Thanks to the amazing Zooboo for choosing me. She happens to be one of the most articulate, witty and charming bloggers I know. Her posts always make me smile and they often make me think (which is no small feat) so head over to visit her right now and I’ll just sit here waiting for you to come back. *Twiddles Thumbs*
1. Thank the bloggers who nominated you.
2. Nominate other deserving bloggers.
3. Display the award logo on your blog.
4. List 7 facts about yourself.
5. Bake me a cake (I may have added that one in myself but it was worth a shot).
Now, I have listed facts about myself before so I don’t want to repeat myself too much. This might result in the following facts being more boring than a night out with the Jonas Brothers.
1. Last night, I apparently sat bolt upright in the bed and began shouting at Jack and punching the bed. I kept shouting ‘UNBELIEVABLE’ and then woke up and wondered why Jack was clutching me and shouting ‘WAAAAKE UUUUP!’ It was pretty bloody terrifying.
2. I am very accident prone. Over the years I have incurred a broken ankle, torn ligaments, a sprained arm, a concussion and it has had no effect on me whatsoever. WHATSOEVER.
3. My favourite bands are The Beatles, The Smiths, The White Stripes and Creedence Clearwater Revival so I guess I have a slightly old-fashioned taste in music. I did attend a Backstreet Boys/New Kids On The Block concert two years ago though, so that does kind of minus a lot of cool points from the ole street cred.
4. I love to write. I write down everything I think in the hope that someday my brain will tell me how to turn Big Macs into gold. So far, my brain has just told me to eat Big Macs so we’re not quite there yet.
5. I love watching rugby (not playing, because I would be murdered). I get really really passionate when Ireland play. I may have thrown
Jack things at the TV in fits of rage. Don’t be scared, I’m *usually* very mellow.
6. I love cooking for people and there’s nothing I prefer more than sitting down with friends over food and
several bottles a bottle of wine.
7. I once led an entire bar full of people in a rendition of ‘Don’t Stop Believing’ by Journey but then didn’t actually remember it. Until the bar sent me the video via the email address my friend gave them. Wonderful. And no, you can never see it.
I’m going to be a bit of a maverick here and change up the rules slightly. Many of the following blogs that I will choose may have received these awards already so I don’t want anyone to feel obliged to do this all again. So I will link to my favourite blogs and they can choose whether they want to accept the award or not. Comprendez? (Oui, I totally parler French. Ahem.)
V over at the Verbal Spew Review is as talented, funny and kind as Andre the Giant was tall (that’s very by the way). Her reviews are not only interesting but also engaging and witty. You will love her.
2. Trent Lewin
Trent’s blog is a collection of poetry and prose and is genuinely one of the best blogs I have ever read. He is intelligent and perceptive and his blog makes mine look like the contents of Snooki’s brain.
Tara’s blog is funny, sweet and if it was chocolate, it would be an Aero or a Wispa, I can’t decide. If you don’t know what these bars are, I feel for you, I really do.
This guy will literally make you pee your pants with laughter. No really, that’s a legitimate warning. Just be careful of the crack squirrels.
I came across this blog recently and I really liked it (and the name rocks). She also loves cats as much as I do.
Melanie over at Wordifull has great poetic skillz, and I spelled it with a ‘z’ just to look cool. I failed. But really, check her out.
I just love everything about the way she writes 🙂
There’s vintage pin-ups and in his own words, “snarky humour”, what more could you want?
He’s bitter, he’s awesome and his posts will make you smile, albeit bitterly.
10. Aussa Lorens
Aussa is awesome and that totally has a ring to it.
I just love this blog. He possibly has the most interesting job in the world…or at least, he makes it interesting.
So even though these guys are pretty much a big deal and you’re probably already familiar with them, I wanted to put them on here anyway because these are the blogs that I really enjoy reading (and of course yours too, ZooBoo). If you by any chance do not know any of these blogs, then get your ass over to them now. *Stern teacher voice* NOW!
And if I forgot anyone, I’m sorry but I just had the worst day today and haven’t really been thinking straight so I do apologise. You can say mean things about me (behind my back, of course).
I just want to say that this was a lovely surprise and I’m just a ball of emotions today.
*Smiles at you all*