I was so happy to receive this this week. The highlight of my day is usually putting stickers in my students’ copies so this was a welcome change (I’m cur-azy at parties). I want to say a big thank you to Tara for the nomination. Please check out her blog because it’s witty and charming and because I asked you nicely. I’d give it two thumbs up if I wasn’t wearing a sling (I tried to play volleyball…the important thing is, no one died).
To the people I nominate: don’t feel any pressure to carry this on, it’s not like I’m going to go cry in the shower if you don’t*
*I’ll cry in my bed instead
The Sunshine Award Rules:
- State 11 random facts about myself
- Answer the 11 questions that Tara has provided me with
- Choose 11 people to also nominate
- Ask my nominees 11 questions
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I can’t tell my left from my right.
Now, before you tell me ‘you can’t sit here’ in your best Alabamian accent (a Forrest Gump reference for all the young’uns), I’ve been told that it’s a mild form of dyslexia. So don’t you feel bad? And leftly so.
2. I used to have epilepsy
Or maybe I still do, but I haven’t had a seizure in four years. On a more positive note, I do a mean robot dance.
3. I once fainted on a church altar, fell backwards, knocked over a statue of the Virgin Mary and had to be carried out by the priest. I don’t think I need to add any more to that.
4. I have trouble sleeping
Sometimes I get jealous of Jack (my boyfriend) sleeping, so I kick him awake and act oblivious. Writing that out makes me feel bad. Kinda.
5. I’m a teacher
Not in a cool Mr. Myagi kind of way, but in a straight-laced boring literature and history kind of way. Actually, my classes are pretty wild. Today, we conjugated the crap outta some verbs. Rock n’ roll.
6. I have a tattoo
I got a secret tattoo when I turned twenty two. Well, it was secret for about a week till my twenty seven year old brother told my mother who didn’t talk to me for a week because apparently it means I’m now a member of Hell’s Angels.
7. I have two dogs, a cat and four guinea pigs
…which might make me slightly insane but I’m training them to be my own private army. Who’s insane now?! *Insert manic cackle*
8. I’m Irish
…which basically means that I talk nothing like Gerard Butler in ‘PS I Love You’
9. I love to cheer people up and to make people smile because I think having a good sense of humour is so important for our health
I’m just the gift that keeps on giving.
10. I have an amazing boyfriend (who totally just bribed me to say that)
11. I used to be totally addicted to WWF wrestling as a child
During the ‘Attitude Era’, I never missed an episode of ‘Raw’ or ‘Smackdown.’ My brother used to pay me to practice wrestling moves on me. And I turned out just fine *nervous eye twitch*
Tara’s Questions For Me:
1. What is the first thing you do as soon as you wake up in the morning?
I reach for my phone to check the time, hoping that I’ve somehow managed to go back in time. It hasn’t happened…yet.
2. What is your greatest fear?
I fear a lot of things because I’m more neurotic than Woody Allen at a swimming pool. I fear spiders, clowns, spider-clown hybrids (they exist in my imagination) and someone breaking into my house. I also really don’t like cotton wool.
3. Do you have a new years resolution for 2014?
I tend to not make these anymore because I never stick to them. I’ve yet to hear myself say ‘sorry, I can’t eat that biscuit, it was my new years resolution to give them up eleven months ago…’ Damn willpower, or lack thereof.
4. What is your favourite song at the moment?
I’m in a complete music timewarp in that most songs on my ipod are at least ten years old, and much older. My favourite song changes every day; today it’s probably ‘Bang Bang (He Shot Me Down) as sung Nancy Sinatra.
5. What is your favourite childhood memory?
When I was three years old (or so my mother tells me) I tamed a crow which I named Ben. I never saw it as unusual that a crow used to follow me around and eat out of my hand. He used to hop along beside me to school (even though he could have just flown) and then come visit me at me breaktime. Looking back, it was pretty special. And now I’m welling up, curse you hormones!
6. Facebook or Twitter
Facebook for creeping on my friends, Twitter for creeping on celebrities. Did I just publicly admit that?
7. What did the last text message you received say?
I know you are, you’re just such an inpiration to everyone around you🙂 I just said I’d text ya and let you know anyway in case you’d get thick🙂 ha lol! Have a good day, chat ya tomorrow! X
From my friend and fellow teacher (the praise is sarcastic by the way) who is hilarious!
8. What bugs you the most?
One thing that really bugs me is when you’re in a shop and the person working there puts your change on the counter instead of into your out-stretched hand. Jeez, you get ONE case of leprosy and suddenly noone wants to touch you.
9. What do you consider to be the most important applicance in your house?
My kettle. I love tea. JUST HOOK IT TO MY VEINS!!!
10. If you could have one song that would play whenever you entered a room, what would it be?
I love this question. It’d probably be ‘O Fortuna’ to make the moment super-intense and make me look very important and scary.
11. What’s your favourite movie quote?
It’s a bit rude, so avert your eyes if you’re easily offended. But every time I hear it, I laugh. It’s from the brilliant Mark Walhberg in ‘The Departed’:
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let’s say you have no idea and leave it at that, okay? No idea. Zip. None. If you had an idea of what we do, we would not be good at what we do, now would we? We would be c*nts. Are you calling us c*nts?
3. The Hook
6. Aussa Lorens
My Questions For My Nominees:
1. Where would you like to be most in the world right now?
2. Would you like to be infamous in 500 years or completely unknown?
3. What was the last lie you told?
4. What would you never admit about yourself on a first date?
5. When you’re in a bad mood, what can definitely make you smile?
6. If you could be a fictional character, who would you be and why?
7. What makes you angry?
8. What was the last song you listened to?
9. How would your closest friends describe you?
10. Who is your favourite villain?
11. What two songs would you put on the soundtrack to your life?
Thanks everyone, hugs and chest-bumps xx